Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Inspiration: Penny Lane

  I first saw "Almost Famous" this summer and have since watched it an abnormally large number of times since. From the first viewing on, I have been in love with Penny Lane's sense of style. This is in spite of the fact that I have in the past hated 1970s clothing. I think part of my love for her costumes has to do with the romantic and interesting yet unfussy vibe they give off, and the mingling of old and new pieces. 
  The costume designer of "Almost Famous" said she used a little vintage for Penny Lane's wardrobe but mostly handmade the costumes (with the help of her team). The famous coat was inspired by the coats of the 1920s and her lacy crop tops were made out of table cloths. She found the jeans Penny wore in Seattle! vintage stores. What I want to know is where did she find that perfect peasant blouse?

  I hope to dress a little more like her come the new year. I've already bought my peasant blouse.










No comments:

Post a Comment