Monday, September 29, 2014

Beyond the keep

These pictures were taken a few days ago in Fremont(a neighborhood in Seattle). Our car broke down, so we decided to salvage the rest of our day and bus to the Fremont Sunday Market. It was the best time I've ever had at the market. I saw treasures like locally made silk blouses, hummus, 1910s lace, and perfect fitting vintage denim jackets (I may have to go back for that one next week). The weather was my favorite type, sunny but with crisp cold fall air. 

I'm wearing battered 1940s jeans I got from eBay, a silk scarf I found at an estate sale yesterday in Ballard, and a 1950s cashmere monogrammed cardigan from Atlas Clothing (that I found today). This is one of my favorite outfits I have ever worn because it is so comfortable. I can literally not stop wearing these jeans. I feel like a rebellious 1950s teenager in them. How did I go so long without trying vintage denim? 









No comments:

Post a Comment