Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring estate saling in the suburbs

There are a lot of downsides to living in a smallish town, even if it is rather close to Seattle. But one of the few upsides is the one seriously amazing estate sale I (and my family of course) manage to find every spring. It is not a yearly thing put on by a certain organization, it just happens. This years estate sale had loads of vintage clothing and midcentury patterns. The clothing dated all the way back to the 1910s up to the 1970s. I found 3 patterns, a camisole from the 1910s (in need of alteration in the bust, but after all it was $2.50), a stellar flowered 50s dress, a vintage silk scarf from my home state, and a 20s dress (to be featured in an upcoming post). My best friend found a silk 20s blouse she was quite besotted with and every member of my family found something they liked. The family that estate sales together stays together, I think.







No comments:

Post a Comment