Friday, June 8, 2012

First European Voyage

  With passage of time I find myself becoming increasingly nostalgic about a trip I took to Europe at the tender age of thirteen. I remember that on this trip I barely ate anything (exempting potatoes, tomato soup, pasta with pesto, and ice cream), I had a cold, and I was in absolute misery, but as time goes by my mind manages to block out those memories. Instead it remembers the sunset in Volostra, the gelato that was shaped like a rose, the view from the Sacre Coeur, fountains, the gramophone in an Amsterdam flea market, wandering around the streets of Paris, all of the parts of the trip that were wonderful and a little cliched. I cannot help but wonder if this rose colored view is how I will remember most of my youth as I age.
  Oh well, I'm too young to be talking about this. Instead I will show you the photographs I have from the best moments of my trip.









No comments:

Post a Comment