Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Vionnet

  Due to the sad demise of my point and shoot in late June, I have been much absent from this blog. In my absence from here I have been sewing, reading pulps, and watching many old movies of varying degrees of quality. My brief return is inspired by this post on favorite dresses. Because of the post I have decided to show you my favorite dress.
  It is a 1930s Vionnet dress that is a dusty pink color but due to the poor quality of these snapshots does not appear so. I love all of it's lace and pleats. It is so delicate that I wonder if I will ever be able to restore it enough so I can wear it for more than an hour.


I never know what to do when standing still. Hence, my preference for dancing related poses.


I enjoy pretending (unsuccessfully) that I am in the tango scene of "Some Like It Hot."

1 comment: