Friday, May 6, 2016

all my stars aligned

Although the title of one of my very favorite St. Vincent songs, the phrase never applied to me until now. As I mentioned I bought some edwardian clothing at an estate sale on Saturday. On Sunday, I went back. I bought a stained but super soft feedsack dress with a cotton yoke and a corset cover. Later that day my aunt + uncle called while I was grocery shopping to tell me that they could buy every all of the clothing left in the room at the estate sale cheap. Did I want it? Of course I did! A few hours later they appeared at my house with an extra large packing box full of edwardian clothing, a vintage/antique drying rack for clothing and a green 1940s ironing board. A lot of the clothing is super damaged or of a small child or in need of a dye but there's a calico dress, a monogrammed men's jacket/bloomer combo, another feedsack dress, a corset cover, and a really simple yet pretty ruffled blouse.
I feel loved. I feel lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment